Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ribbed longies and stuff in progress..

Havent been knitting much in the past month, but about time I update.

I have finished one project since Sejer was born - a pair of ribbed longies.
Here he is wearing them - again they are knit in BFL from Natural Dye Studio - a favourite yarn! The top is the "Ugly Alpaca-rib" - it may be ugly but he has been wearing it ever since he was born so it was worth the bother! It is wonderfully soft and it keeps him nice and warm :D I am really happy with it - it wont be my last thing made from 100% alpaca!

Other projects I am currently working on is a shawl with sleeves made from lovely soft mohair. I was out of yarn, but finally found some leftover stock in a webshop - so I bought a bunch and should have enough to finish it. There is still LOTS of knitting left in that one though so wont be done anytime soon..

I also got myself a couple of Elizabeth Zimmermann books and am working on a Tomten jacket in lovely thick organic wool! It will be a really durable and warm jacket once done. Still need to do the upper front and sleeves though. Pics to come.

1 comment:

Fríða said...

hvor er han bare smuk, din dreng!
kh.fra Island
Frida