Friday, December 7, 2007

Its amazing - I have an FO!

I havent been all that on top of things when it comes to updating this blog.. sorry about that to those few people who actually read it..
I have finished the babyjacket. I mean F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D it! Buttons and all. I will let the pics speak for themselfes..







So what else is new? I am knitting babyhats. Am on the third in a row right now. The two first ones turned out too small so I am on the go again. I also cast on for socks for my 4 year old. I bought loads of yarn - recently around a kilo of icelandic Plötulopi - unspun icelandic wool. Plan is to knit myself an icelandic sweater, but havent decided whether to use two or three strands together yet.
I got my hands on a really cool Sandness patten-booklet with original norwegian pattens for pants, sweaters etc - all in wonderful stranded patterns, knit in the round with steeks for sleeves and neck.. They had a sale at my LYS - found it in a box on the floor among bunches of 80es magazines with ugly box-shaped sweaterpatterns..
So in short I am slowly finishing things up and starting new ones. The next project that I should get done are my DPs Boyfriend socks.. Silly guy decided he wanted them longer then I had made the first one so will have to unravel the edge of sock 1 and add a couple of inches.. boooring..
Anyway here is the recent hat I finished in sockclub yarn from Middle Earth Yarns:
Yeah - I now its too small.. thats why I cast on for another one..
..in peruvian baby cashmere :-) Yum!








1 comment:

molly jean said...

Wow! What fine yarn for a baby garment! I mean fine as in small! It also looks fine as in very nice.
I never knitted fast enough when mine were that size! But when they were 3-6 (my two youngest) I knitted socks for them and they loved them! It was hard to get them off to wash! It was cushy wool with something else and machine washable. They probably got two pairs each and some hand me downs as they grew. Now I only knit socks rarely.