Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finished the alpaca babyrib!

Ok - I admit it. This is not pretty - at all.. No pretty colorways and definately no perfect knitting.

But - That being said I am really proud of this tiny babytop! It is knit with the softest, most gorgeous, thinnest alpaca and it took me FOREVER to finish it. Partly because it is knit on needles size 3 mm. with a very fine yarn and partly because it took forever to weave in all the ends, pick up neckline stitches, sew it all together etc. It has taken me weeks to finish this tiny thing - while the more beautiful blue and lilac baby-rib (Ruths baby-rib) took me only a couple of days then this took weeks - I could have knit my son a sweater in that time!!
But anyway - here it is - finally done! (and then we completely forget about the similar one that I am knitting in superwash merino and still need half of it to be done.. sigh..) Oh and the doll belongs to my daughter and is a bit smaller than an actual newborn - so I figure it wont matter that the body of the babytop is pretty long. It has a LOT of stretch so hopefully my baby wont outgrow it too soon.

No comments: