Monday, January 22, 2007

Stuck knitting and dyed some yarn

Just a short status from here. I am stuck knitting two babytops in rib. I chose to try a pattern using thin and very soft alpaca yarn. Sigh.. It takes me FOREVER - not to mention that even when I am finally done I need to sew the lot together as well. Gosh - now I remember why I prefer stuff that can be knit in the round..

I recieved some dyes the other day. One of them a turquise that I tried out on a single skein of BFL yesterday. The idea was to make it a bit variegated - with darker and lighter areas - but it didnt work out too well. Here is the result. I still love the color though. I will use some of it for a soaker for my unborn baby boy.. I am about 1/3 done with that.. Pics to come..

1 comment:

jen barnes said...

i think it came out lovely!