Monday, September 7, 2009

Went missing - D word casually mentioned

So I did - I went missing.

My life suddenly took a lot of weird turns. So far this blog has been kept pretty much down to the knitting - my private life has been down to essentials like - we went on a holiday and I spend my time knitting. That kind of stuff.

I like it that way.
But since this blog has been largely abandoned for well over a year - I owe any occational reader an explanation. Which is what brings me to mention the D word. Well not that we were technically ever married - luckily so. But we did. Break up.

And oh yes, it was a good thing. It had been long time coming and my life is better in more ways now than I can count. But - again the basic fact about my current situation is that while there is a special someone in my life - very special indeed - I am living on my own with three kids ages 2, 4 and 6. And as you may be able to imagine it doesnt exactly allow for knitting time.

I guess I also did loose some of the obsession. But over the past months I have felt inspired to occationally pick up the needles again.

And so - to make up for time away I should at the very least post some pictures of stuff that has been finished somehow in the past well over a year. It's pretty pathetic I admit. But sharing seems only fair considering..
There would be my Lopi sweater. So far the project I have ever finished, that has earned me the most remarks. Its unexceptional, unfashionable, scratchy and when worn in moist weather it smells like a herd of icelandic sheep. I love it.

Especially the yarn deserves a few words. It's icelandic unspun. I used two strands and while it was fragile to work with the finished sweater is very sturdy. I love the smell of this wool. It smells alive. Tundra in your livingroom. The fibres are very long, leaving the finished sweater with a hairy halo as seen. It has character like no other wool I have worked with.

On to the next project. A complete opposite. This is a Flower Basket Shawl I knit for my mom in pure mongolian cashmere.

And then obviously a couple small projects here and there, that dont really deserve much attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej Ina,
Har tænkt meget på dig, dejligt at læse at du er på igen.
Det er hård med 3 så små børn, men også givende og i skal nok klare det.
Pas på jer og vær god ved jer.
Stort knus
Jane fra Malmo

Inca said...

Tak Jane :)
Ja mistede jo kontakten til de danske strikkefolk, men dejligt at høre fra dig :)