Saturday, June 2, 2007

Its all about socks

I must be going nuts. Recently I have found myself waking up in the middle of the night obsessing over sockyarn. That is absolutely stupid as I havent even ever knit a pair of adult socks - with sockyarn - yet.. But obviously it is of great importance that I start a pair of adult socks ASAP. I ordered a set of Addi dpns size 2,5 mm - and am waiting impatiently for them to arrive so I can start. Till then I settle for other socks. Just finished these for DS:

Not impressive - I know, but DS gets a pair of socks, I get some sock-practice - plus I get points in the stashgame for a finished FO and a skein of yarn down. The yarn was cheap by the way. I think it is Smart from Sandness. I found it in a LYS in a basket - no tags on it or anything so they sold for around 6 kroner/1$ a skein. I still have one of those skeins left, but dyed it pink to make a pair of socks for DD too. Will try out a boomerang-heel when I get that far..

1 comment:

tanterne said...

I like the idea of using the same yarn for both children, and that you dyed it to make it suitable for a girl. Cause somehow girls just have to be pink...
Nice blog. I found it on Nannas list of Nordic knit blogs.