Wednesday, January 3, 2007

First post - and some projects - planned and on the needles

This is the first post in my new knitting blog.
I have finished this years first project - a ribbed babyshirt in 100% BFL. Will post a pic asap. Oh - it is not completely done yet - I still need to attach the buttons..
I have started a pair of perfection pants to go with it. Only cast on yesterday but cant wait to see the finished set. It is such a beautiful colorway. Pacific Moon from the Natural Dye Studio.

Also have a UFO from last year going. A raglan cardigan for my daughter in the Earth colorway from Colinette Skye. Still need to do sleeves and front button-panel as well as neckline..

Since I plan to participate in Webstrik knit-a-long 2007 I will also try to find a project for january - something in cotton. Will be some challenge for such a wool-junkie as myself. I suspect it will be something really small like a bib or a washcloth..

Another planned project that I hope to cast on soon is the Simple Knitted Bodice by Stephanie Japel. I have a kg of lovely brown BFL waiting to be knit along with a thin gold thread to go with the lace parts..

Those are the planned projects so far. We'll see how much knitting the next month brings..

No comments: