Wednesday, April 18, 2007

YAY - I finally started my SKB!

Yes I finally started my Simple Knitted Bodice by Stephanie Japel - and it is even going pretty well I dare say..
It is even possible to see that I dyed the yarn to give it a slightly variegated look. It is brown BFL - aran weight. The pattern calls for silk at gauge 5 sts to the inch. Turned out when I started knitting (yes - I did swatch to match gauge, but appearently my swatch was tighter than my actual knitting..) that I knit at 4 sts to the inch.. hrmf..

So - I had to do a whole lot of calculations, but it turns out that if I knit the size small instead of the size large I had planned, then I should meet the same measurements. So I started knitting and it seems to be going fine. I dyed the yarn using salmon jacquards acid dye to get the variegated effect, and I am pretty happy with the result so far.
I tried it on last night see:
Now dont ask me what happened to the Tomten.
It is on the shelf for now. It bugs me big time - especially since I ran out of the organic yarn and appearently dont even have enough of the Sandness yarn either, so for now it is on hold. Such a shame as my daughter really could use a spring sweater..

No comments: