Friday, August 10, 2007

Stranded experiment


Stranded experiment 2, originally uploaded by Inca knits.

Ehh remember I promised myself that I would not cast on new projects for a while - till I finished some of the ones I am already working on?
Well - forget I ever said that..
My fingers have been ITCHING to cast on new stuff. I have been obsessing over new techniques such as lace and stranded colorwork. And now I couldnt hold it any longer. I cast on a "Branching Out" from Knitty and I started a stranded colorwork experiment that will hopefully turn into a vest for my youngest. I basically cast on in black superwash Smart (from Sandness yarn) and started working the Norwegian Mitten pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermanns book "Knitters Almanac". I worked only a few rows so far that you can see here. I am not completely content. I like how it works to knit it twohanded - it is fast and easy now that I finally master English knitting as well as the usual Continental/Skandinavian method. I have kept tension loose on the back to keep the fabric stretchy, but the stitches seem a bit wonky. Not sure what the problem is, so if you have a advice on how to get the whole thing looking more even I would love to hear from you..
How about all the other stuff I am working on? -
Dont even ask...

1 comment:

tanterne said...

Jeg har læst, men husker ikke hvor, at det betyder en del om man bytter rundt på hvordan de enkelte farver holdes, eller om man holder dem ens hver gang; øverst/nederst for continental, højre/venstre for English. Den ene tråd skulle komme til at dominere over den anden.
Du kan jo prøve.

mvh
Charlotte